FEMA Leadership Youth ( F.L.Y.) was developed to create a space for teen girls ages 13 -19 to learn martial arts in a safe, fun and supportive environment. F.L.Y.'s goal is to have fun while learning new things and to help teen girls be stronger, healthier people. We explore the martial arts with our bodies, minds and spirits in a community that supports and believes in peace, progress, happiness, love, health and freedom.
In F.L.Y. teens learn:
- Self -defense exercises and techniques
- Energizing and rewarding workouts
- Stretching and strengthening
- Basics in the arts of Judo and Gong Fu
- How to block, kick and punch safely
- How to calm the mind with Meditation
- Community/team building skills
- Discipline to work solo
- Learn to speak and share information
- Creative Movement & Expression
In addition to their training in class, the teens learn a lot through contributing to their community. Read their list of 2008 accomplishments.
Join ANY SATURDAY. Please Arrive 15 minutes early to register and wear loose-fitting clothing.
A parent or guardian must be present at the first class to register.
Please fill out and bring the following registration form and waiver (forms are also available at the Dojo).
F.L.Y. classes are every Saturday morning from 9:30-11:00am (Special classes after TBA 11:15-noon)
F.L.Y. students are also welcome to attend the regular adult classes on Mondays & Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00 PM
Contact FEMA: 612-729-7233 3743 Cedar Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55407